I’d like to run Docker desktop for Windows on a Windows10x64 PRO VM which is inside the Oracle Virtualbox and my hyper-V feature is enabled. But I got the following error message.
[12:15:10.393][Linux ][Error ] Failed to start: Unable to start: The running command stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: 'MobyLinuxVM' failed to start. Failed to start the virtual machine 'MobyLinuxVM' because one of the Hyper-V components is not running. 'MobyLinuxVM' failed to start. (Virtual machine ID 08DABA13-9D3D-4119-9DEA-2CEFA467FA03) The Virtual Machine Management Service failed to start the virtual machine 'MobyLinuxVM' because one of the Hyper-V components is not running (Virtual machine ID 08DABA13-9D3D-4119-9DEA-2CEFA467FA03). at Start-MobyLinuxVM, : line 296 at , : line 412. Let's retry
- Windows Version: 10×64 Pro
- Docker Desktop Version: 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Virtualbox 6.0.8
- MobyLinux VM is running on Windows10 PRO HyperV, and Docker Desktop for Windows must be started.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Install Oracle Virtualbox 6.0.8
- Provisioning a Windows10x64 Pro VM
- Enable HyperV features
- Install Docker Desktop for Windows